SHOW AND TALE – 2015 Bay Gelding by Tale of Ekati out of Poseida (CHI) (Pick Up) – Kentucky Bred
This breathtaking gelding already stands at 16.2 hands and is a May foal to boot. He has a classic, two-turn look to him and boasts an outstanding pedigree. He is by the hot stallion, TALE OF EKATI, sire of recent Grade 1 Haskell Invitational winner, GIRVIN. Tale of Ekati was a Grade 1 winner and multiple Grade 2 winner of 6 races and amassed earnings of $1,182,992 during his brilliant racing career. Some highlights for Tale of Ekati in his young stallion career include:
- 2017 racing: Stakes horses include GIRVIN, winner of the $1 million Haskell Inv. [G1], $1 million Louisiana Derby [G2], $400,000 Risen Star S. [G2], Grade 1-placed TALE OF ANGEL, graded stakes-placed VERVE’S TALE & Tale of S’avall, stakes-placed SAINT’S FAN, etc.
- First-crop fillies incl. multiple GSW EKATI’S PHAETON (Davona Dale-G2, Old Hat-G3, $248,206), first-crop colts incl. Preakness-G1 runner-up TALE OF VERVE ($498,045)
- 2016 stakes performers incl. multiple SW 2yo BLAZINBEAUTY, SW & G2P BLIP N’ TH BYE, SW PERHAPS A PIE, GSP TALE OF S’AVALL & A PLACE TO SHINE, etc.
- Lifetime: Two champions, 21 black type horses, more than 70% winners from starters, $8.5M
- Won Futurity-G2 at 2, Won Wood Memorial-G1, Cigar Mile-G1 (over older horses), & Jerome-G2 at 3.
- Ran in 14 consecutive Graded stakes after debut 8 1/4-length MdSpWt win at 2
- Top-5 4th-Crop Sire
- Biggest and best crop of 3-year-olds racing in 2017
On the Dam side, Show and Tale is out of the multiple Grade 1 winning mare, POSEIDA (CHI). She has produced 5 winners from 8 foals to race, including stakes-placed Sequoia Warrior ($113,111) & 11 time winner American Revolution ($241,114). The colt’s 2nd & 3rd dams are both sisters to Grade 1 winners as well! His pedigree page is painted with Graded Stakes winners including COCOA BEACH (CHI), a 10 time winner in 17 starts, 2 to 5 in NA , UAE and CHI, $1,744,595 (USA), Horse of the year in Chile, Champion 2-year-old filly in Chile! Click on the Pedigree button below for complete details.
SHOW AND TALE Partnership Plans
- 2% Ownership
- $1,399 – Horse Purchase Price
- $746 – Expenses from July 2017 through May 2018
- $0.00 – Discount
- $50 processing fee
- 4% Ownership
- $2,798 – Horse Purchase Price
- $1,492 – Expenses from July 2017 through May 2018
- $0.00 – Discount
- $0.00 processing fee